Thursday, March 12, 2015

Wiosna Row 7


There is a bent picot there. It's okay - just flopped over. : )

This yellow is all that is left in the #40 stash. Not sure of how large this piece will be, but having participated in a few Renulek Tat-Alongs, I don't want to be stuck with no colours to add in, and as I have already run out of white, I had to use it. Who knows what this will look like at the end. A guessing game.

I do know my hands are really sore from the rough thread. But the upside is, I think this is the most consistent tension I have yet achieved in tatting! It seems not as floppy and the stitches actually look all the same. Newbies take heart! It only took 6 years to reach this place and there's always more to learn  and overcome.

When I first began, I recall experienced tatters telling me to "practice, practice practice." Well, I certainly have: almost every single day since 2009!

16 comments:

  1. From here it doesn't look yellow, it looks gold and blends well with the colors you have!! :)
    It's looks fabulous as always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is only suppose to be 10 rounds so it shouldn't get too much larger.... only 3 more to go.... though the last round is a wider one & the same as round 4.
    Your's is nicely colorful.... I really love the blue with the tan and gold.... I am finally just getting started on this one.... and did round 1 last night... and I have already changed my mind on what colors to use where.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! Only 10 rounds! ! I must have missed that detail. Good! I really did not want this to be a huge piece as I'm not really fond if the colours. : )

      Delete
    2. She added a new row today. That is not on the original doily. :( I had my colors all planned, lol.

      Delete
  3. It look great and pretty quilt like if your color change you make them go together well. I was looking a the previous doily of Ben's does he have the josephine chain in there or were you getting creative? I didn't look at the directions that well yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks I'll have to do some reading soon :) that sure doesn't show up on pictures.

      Delete
  5. A bent picot? I can't see it. I can only see the Colours' Fairy at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the yellow! I'm falling behind. I still have about 1/3 to go on round 6, which means I'm a whole week behind... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane. It's good to hear the gold works! I'm struggling to keep up!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Gold is good! I was thinking yellow... Gold is definitely better! : ))

      Delete
  8. I think the gold works well - adding a spark ?!
    Waiting to see what you choose next :-)
    I'm sure you are pulling our collective leg when you talk about consistent tension & stitches! Have we not seen all your doilies that you tat up so quickly ?!
    But I agree that learning never stops ...

    ReplyDelete