Monday, November 24, 2014

The Beastliness of Boredom

You know how when you sometimes cut out a mistake you cut into the previous row as well?

You know how sometimes when you tat a few repeats in a long row you realize half way around that you have made a mistake in the pattern?

You know how you repeat that same mistake the next time you tat that row, after you have cut it and started again? Twice?

You know how you repeat that error yet another time?

Arghhhhhhhh! 
After recovering from the shock, 
I fixed the row below and proceeded with the repeats.

Luckily, I have heeded Maureen's warning - one of quite a number - to re-order a couple af balls of thread so I don't run out. I seem to have wasted a lot of thread trying to get going on this very annoying row.

Finally, I have got the pattern and the starting part right and have completed three repeats. There are ten, so only eight more to go and then it's on to the final round.

17 comments:

  1. As I am still awake at this hour, I noticed your latest post, which seems to be 'hot off the press' at this crazy hour! I really couldn't believe what I was reading - it was kind of overwhelming. I am relieved to know that the last round is 'in sight'! This has been quite a journey! So much patience and perseverance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't tat so late in the evening, Kathy, maybe things would flow more smoothly...and what are you doing up at this hour?! Ah, another nighthawk. : )

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it just make you want to throw your shuttles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, I make that 7 more, because I'm trusting it will all go to plan this time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, Jane, what happens when I am up too late, and am impatient! Shows up everywhere! You are funny! : ))

      Delete
  4. Yes I know exactly what you mean, I look forward to seeing it finished
    I have just found a mistake on the renuleks doily that i have been doing for seems like years, and I am leaving it as I found it when I was so near the end of the row. It won't affect the next row, and it will be unique to me, as no one else will have the same mistake, I left out one tiny ring between the last row and the new row.
    Love to Mr G
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah that is so sad and yet you keep going, I just got mine in the mail and worry, I feel I make way more mistakes than you, this will be a brain tease for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! Just pay attention- there is nothing difficult; all rings and chains. It's just so repetitious that it is easy to make a mistake and not see it till way later. Just keep checking your work. You'll do fine! I know! : ))

      Delete
  6. WOOT! Keep at it!

    Mad tatter, I'm just getting on with mine. Second try after totally messing it up the first time and scrapping it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing that you were tatting so late, I was thinking that might be the problem since you and I both have done that and been online that late. Prayers that things go smoother from here to the end!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, gracious, me-oh-my! What perseverance! ! !

    (How are dear little Mr. G's ears? ? ? ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, That is what tatting is all about . It is strong! It is not like knitting or crochet where you can pull mistakes out easily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH!!!!! I know quite well as I am having the same problem.... even though I have the pattern and stitch counts firmly in my mind... I just keep making the same silly mistake over and over..... while reminding myself all the time NOT to forget!!! Grrrr.... It seems I am doomed to keep repeating it... This row seems like it will take an eternity of plodding!

    ReplyDelete