Friday, April 5, 2013

Babylo Broadcast

Design by Marjorie Hanson
Thread DMC Babylo #30

This is the first motif I have tatted from this book:


Once again, I tatted with thread and beads sent to me by generous tatters from afar. Both beads hail from the USA, from my Friend in North Carolina and the thread, which I really LIKE, crossed The Pond, sent for me to try by Frivole.

Babylo #30 is just the right thickness and is smooth and lovely to work with. Though a bit on the soft side, it holds its shape when I tatted at my usual not-too-tight tension. It is not quite a fuzzy as Cèbèlia #40, a close comparison in my opinion. I think I prefer Babylo. Not sure about that last comment.

It bodes a trial using the two.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Fox

    Truly an international piece, lovely design and great pattern, well done looks great
    Love to Gian
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's beautiful! And so green :)
    I need green color in my life, but there is only white snow in Warsaw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice! How big is it in Babylon #30?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, it is 3 inches across.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. A oerfect harmony of colors, and fabulous shaped motif.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is an intense green. and you paired it with the right beads.
    Thanks for the thread report.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant green with beads! You have done it again. Love your colours. Never tried this thread but I think it is available here. You must be enjoying the new patterns. Look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new header! And that green is gorgeous with the blue (& gold accent) beads! Very pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice motif! I appreciate hearing about different threads.

    ReplyDelete