Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bursting With Pride

I was really wanting to save this till finished before I posted the photo, but I am so happy with myself for the progress I made with what I originally perceived as an impossible pattern for me to tat that I just had to share it with Tat-land right away!


I have also finished one of the socks...

#10/100
Such a pretty border - sewn on (with no nasty, needling events!)  
with #30 Cebelia, which works very well on sock edgings.

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Afterthought: I switched thread and am using Altin Basak #50 for the motif. Actually, only the pink is A.B., and the yellow is Milford #40, sent to me long ago (it seems) by typstatting. That is why I have used those colours - they are the only ones I have in thread which seems to be less twisty than Lizbeth #40 for this particular pattern.

18 comments:

  1. Looking good indeed! I am not fond of long chains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Good to conquer something you've been struggling with. I do like the sock edging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sunflower blossoms! You did it! Looks perfect ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That motif is looking wonderful!!! Glad you got the hang of it!! :)
    And the little sock looks fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Fox,

    Looking good so far, the turkish thread is good to use.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Everyone! : )) I am working on it...so good so far!!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful stuff! I can only aspire to such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you figured out how to handle that doily pattern. As always, your socks edging are so pretty.

    I like working with Milford thread but not so much the Altin Basak. It could be because Milford is 6-ply compared to the AB which is 3-ply. I am tatting the butterflies with Milford in size 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon, So that’s why the Altin Basak is so soft! I never knew it was a 3-ply: I had always assumed it was 6-ply! Thanks for clearing that up.

      I do like the Milford thread.
      Fox : )

      Delete
  9. Incredibly beautiful, both pieces! that soft yellow is one of my favs!!! I do have to say, your stitches seem to be getting a bit neater, closer together and more even sized, what are you doing different?

    What ever it is, your work is looking incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bree, for that comment.

      I am always trying to improve my technique, so that my tatting will become more consistent and neater in general. I tat A LOT and play around with tension, and I do believe that after over three years my work is really beginning to improve. It should - I tat every day!

      Thanks again for noticing and taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it!
      Fox : )

      Delete