Monday, June 15, 2009

Butterfly for Me and You!

To-day was the big day. I moved my mom - singlehandedly, I might add - into her new home. All the preparation and planning paid off, big time, as everything went off without a hitch. Every carton has been unpacked, the dishes are away, the cat is playing happily and I feel like every bone in my body is broken!

I even remembered to put the Welcome Home card and the surprise gift under her pillow, appropriately decorated on the envelope with a bunch of tatted doodles.



The card has all the sentiments that will please her, and the little Tatskool HDT butterfly adorns the top of the note. The butterfly will not please her, but the words will.

The butterfly was for me - and for anyone reading this who will appreciate it. Mumsy won't! And that is fine. She will be all smiles when she opens the little jewelery box that is attached to the card. She will be happy just before she turns in for the night in her new environment, her new home, after such a long, difficult day. Then,
hopefully, she will have a good night.

I'm toast; my body aches from the hard work today, but I have been a good daughter. Also, I will now have a lot more time to tat!
Fox ~ Aspiring Adept of TATROMANCY (magical meanderings with rings, chains and picots)~

7 comments:

  1. You are a good daughter! How thoughtful, giving your Mom a welcome home gift and card after you have done the move yourself - very nice.

    Sorry you will most likely be stiff and sore tomorrow. Hopefully you didn't strain your fingers too much. Perhaps outfitting them with small weight belts kept them injury free and you will be able to tat away while giving your aching feet a good soak. :)
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet that you helped your Mom out so much with a move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of you! I am so happy that you were able to help....please, rest and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Nancy. Things are quieter now, and I am indeed relaxing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the supportive comments, TattingChic and Ann. The move is done. All is very well! I can now tat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful your blog and your works!
    Congratulations!
    I invite you to visit and comment my blog!
    I don´t know how to tat...it´s one of the things I want to learn someday!
    Teresinha
    www.dasmaosdateresinha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your visit, Teresinha! Tatting is fun! Check out InTatters: http://www.intatters.com
    to get a lot of help. This is where I learned to tat - many helpful and very talented people on this site. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete