Monday, May 25, 2009

Putting a New Spin on my Learning: After the Wheel


I have not had any time to look over the newest reading material, Tatting The GR-8. (whatever happened to my obsession with "regular" books - you know, fiction, non-fiction, science fiction, mystery, and so forth?)

This morning, I managed to get the first bit of the book about the SCMR read, grabbed a shuttle, and completed the first pattern. It is to be partly finger tatted and I had a perplexing half hour trying to figure out how to do this WITH a shuttle. Still, I cannot figure it out. ( I feel sooo stupid!) The butterfly came out all right anyway, despite my lack or spatial reasoning!

I haven't the stomach for television, so I tend to listen to a lot of audio books, which I download from the library. I have discovered a lot of great literature this way. Probably I would never have read a lot of this stuff if I had not been looking at material that is available for downloading.

Again, the Internet has influenced my life beyond belief.

Does anyone else out there in Tat-land have this audio-habit?
Fox ~ Aspiring Adept of TATROMANCY (magical meanderings with rings, chains and picots)~

5 comments:

  1. I tried last year and liked it, but it seemed like every time I settled in to listen and sew (wasn't tatting then) the baby would cry, I'd suddenly become popular like I do when I have a phone in my hand, or I'd fall asleep. I gave up and forgot about it. Maybe it's time for another try! I'm charging up my ipod right now.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterfly is pretty! Good for you for learning the SCMR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the butterfly. It's SO beautifully made with even stitches and even tension! WELL DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audio books are gods gift to crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sewmuchfun, I hope you can have a bit of time to yourself...... the audio books are so relaxing. Good luck!

    TattingChic, Thanks! It is a handy little skill, isn't it?

    Jane, WOW - thanks for the kind words. From you, I feel honoured!!! : ))

    Julia, Aha! A fellow listener! We must swap lists! : )

    ReplyDelete