Saturday, April 25, 2009

Picot Paradigm

The Clunies are Complete!


Okay, so they may not be perfect; they may be flawed and lopsided; they may in fact be twisted and uneven; but, I DID IT!

I have finished my first, completed cluny pattern and I am indeed proud.

This is Sue Hanson's, her first piece with Cluny leaves. If
you Google, "small motif using cluny leaves," you will see the pattern. It was FUN for a first-time project.

I'm going to hit the streets with my camera now and tear myself away from BABYBLOG. I need a new perspective.

The eyes are absolutely bleary from looking at the tiny screen. The brain is foggy and I feel a carpel tunnel approaching fast, as I rest my wrists on the keyboard.

In AUNTIE's words, this blogging is "really sumthin'".

See you anon.....

~Fox ~
~Aspiring Adept of TATROMANCY (magical meanderings with rings, chains and picots) ~

7 comments:

  1. Better than my first attempt at the same pattern! (and you were wondering why you never got to see it...) Just to really confuse the issue (now that you have the traditional warping method down), in a few days I shall be offering a photo tutorial of an alternate warping method for clunies. At S'birds, Mimi Dillman was able to show me something that I had not been able to work out from watching Elisadusud's cluny video. It is a way faster and less fiddly warp setup. Patty D. had tried, unsuccessfully, to explain it to me in words.

    Nice job on the cluny wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty pattern to practise clunies with. This is the pattern I used to hone my cluny skills several years ago. This motif looks pretty joined in a row for a bookmark or several together to make a small mat! I've done both! I just need to find the small mat. I gave the bookmark away. I tucked the small mat inside my Mary Konior book years ago and can't seem to find either now! Aaaargh!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your clunies look great! I think I'll have to try them some day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady ShuttleMaker,
    Thank you so much! I have a lot of refining to do. but I am pleased.
    : ) Fox

    Hi Suzanne,
    Welcome back! I can't wait to see the new tutorial on "The Space Between." I actually used a combo technique, so I am curious what you have up your sleeve.....

    I agree with you 100% TattingChic; it is a great pattern to practice with. I am going to do it again.

    Hello there, Diane,
    Thanks so much! Yes, give it a go..so much fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fox, Congratulations on learning the art of Clunies! I so want to learn this. To be honest I haven't even tired, it looks way beyond my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I assure you, if I can do this, YOU can too! It's just practice and repetition. Then one day it clicks. Mine sure need lots of refining, but I am getting the "feel" of it now. Go for it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete